Dewberry | Preble-Rish is looking for a Professional Surveyor/Survey Manager to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Daphne, AL office. This position includes a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering projects. Duties include: consulting; preparing proposals and contracts; providing guidance and direction to field crew(s) and surveying technicians; overseeing survey aspects of civil engineering projects and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans; conducting deed and plan research and review; preparing ROW plans and agreements; performing field work associated with land surveying, engineering and construction projects; performing survey computations and data collection; CAD oversight and quality assurance.
- Consulting with clients.
- Providing guidance and direction to office staff and field crew(s).
- Team building skills within the technical survey staff.
- Overseeing survey aspects of civil engineering projects and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans.
- Train field staff in land surveying procedures.
- Prepare weekly survey crew schedules.
- Coordinate with Sunshine One Call and local utility providers.
- Monitor project schedules, budgets & deliverables.
- Manage and coordinate projects with multiple team members.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor in FL.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in all aspects of land surveying, project management is required.
- AAS or BS Degree in Surveying is preferred.
- A successful track record of building client relationships in the surveying and related mapping industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Experienced in all aspects of Land Surveying (FDOT a plus).
- Perform Boundary Surveys & ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys & As-built plans.
- Data reduction and processing of field files, topographic surveys, etc.
- Knowledge of Spectra (GPS processing) and AutoCAD Civil 3D software a plus.
- Have the ability to work out of town if required, flexible with work area.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicle.
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol screening.
Please click here for more information or to apply online.